Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Shake ya tail featha's

Wow, today was kinda crazy! Its so weird, it is midnight and I am not one bit tired. That is just not my style, the reason is because we went to work but no sales so no installs, so therefore it was a waste of time but worth the effort because you never know what will come of it. Today we went to the Polynesian Cultural Center (PCC) and seen the canoe parade, Hawai'i village, ate at the luau, and watched a sweet performance by dancers from each village represented at PCC.
We got annual passes, so we will be going back for sure to see all of the other villages. Each village/island does a show of how their culture works and different things that they do. I have to say I like the best, from what I got to see, was during the canoe parade, the girls from Fiji.... they do all the hip shaking, and most of you know that is my big cup of tea!!! Along with belly dancing of course. LMAO! It was a really neat expereince to be a part of for sure, I have to admit that seeing all them hotties shaking their hips was fun, but seeing fit guys who work out just gave me more motivation to get in shape, I hate knowing how I look, and so seeing people who are in shape helps out allot. This is exciting too, this semester I can get back to a workout routine with people who like to work out alot, because they help motivate me to keep on track. Last semester was so bad, I could only work out with one girl who didn't have to try hard to loose weight so it made it frustrating at times to keep going.
I just thought about something that I am sad to miss, yes, I am going to end up missing the festival in Ft. Hall, darn, its one of my favorite things to do too. I really do think that ancient times natives from the main land and Hawaiians were some how connected, allot of the dances and movements and traditional styles reflect allot of the same-- I have noticed. The Shoshone festival is the first week of August, I think everyone that lives in S E Idaho should really go watch it. Its part of our culture so why not learn and know about it?
If you have never seen dancing native style then your crazy, they do it in grade schools to help teach history, but I do know one thing that many people have not seen is Indian Relay Races, where the stakes are high and so is the purse. It is so fun to watch and I am so shocked everytime I talk to someone who has lived and grew up in the area, and come to find out that they have never seen it or really know what it is. So go to the link above and watch my video of lasts years race, I think it was just a Tuesday race, and I will be there to all races during the EISF, so if you wanna watch some relays, call me and you can go with me.
I didn't even read through this blog so if it is really blotchy and random, deal with it.
Ciao

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay I'll go watch a race with ya. I've seen the dance n songs no races yet......maybe the boys will enjoy it, then again maybe I don't want to take them. LOL

A

Chris said...

Your boys are old enough to enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

I'm so in for the races at the fair. I might even consider skipping class to go!!!