Friday, June 26, 2009

Ah, job stuff

So as I have been applying for about ten jobs a week since school got out, now I am "reaping"the "benefits" of applying. Sadly for me, this always happens, I get inundated with a large amount of interviews, possible jobs-if you will. And needless to say this is the current situation, not to mention, I am still applying for jobs. You may ask, why are you still applying if you have interviews, well, simply stated, you never know what is going to happen or if it will go through.
So I interviewed for two positions at an OK place to work, not a career but a well paying job, that I think I impressed the ladies interviewing, they were fun to talk to..... easy to get along with too, them I like, because you know when you go in for an interview and they try to be intimidating? I hate that! But these two were fun to talk with, I like to think Im coming out of my "shy" slump.... its been like a month, and I have actually been kinda shy and a inny... not me!
Back to my story, I am getting as bad as my mother telling stories-- drawn out--extra long, I am in hopes of that job, the well paying one, then I recently had an informal interview, or so the lady doing it called it that, I did not even get my hair did, shoot I was wearing a pair of green slacks with crazy leather shoes and a funky shirt, cuz it was informal! well, after my first interveiw with the well paying job I get a phone call from a lady wanting to know personal information, if I had eny "special needs".... I told her I have to see her first before I answer that question, LOL, thankfully she got a good belly giggle out of that, cuz it could of been a bad deal. So I finally ask who she is and why she wants this information, she tells me that I have to be in Seattle for training in a few months and its an all expense paid trip. I was like -- (the voice did go a little bit black) "what? hold the phone lady, are you sure you got the right number? Is this candid camera? How do you know where I am? I know there is a lady acting strange behind me.. is that you?" She said NO!!! then told me about the lady who I had the informal interview with and she sent my name in, I told her I only had the interview, not been informed of any more than that. then I hear a "Congradulations, and now we need this information". So we did it, she asked if I had any questions, by this time my stomach was all sorts of upset because I thoght that deal went down the toilet with last nights dinner, but I guess not! So I am going to Seattle, but I still have not job until this Seattle trip, which sucks! So that is why I keep applying, because if I do that job from the informal lady, then I need supplimental moneys somewhere, I will have some coshy hours, hell ya! Its about time I get some where in this world! Weekends off, holidays off, nights off, the ladys I would work for would not really be my bosses, they would be "guides" to say the least, I would be like 2 steps away from the Governor, or that how many steps before he would review my work. Not litterally tho, I would be located in Pocahello.
So, still, I am in a perdicerment, cuz the well paying job would be bad to get a rap for turning down jobs out there, in case I ever need that job in the future....

I guess how No Dobt would say it, "It's my life" I better get used to it.... and better plan for it too..... I am sure this kinda crap will happen till the day I die!
Peace

2 comments:

Mike and Kaci said...

That sounds pretty sweet. So where are you going to be working then?? More info!!

Dorese @ Dorese's Pieces said...

I'm demanding more info, too! Details, details!